Instructions to the Students for Convocation
NSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED FROM 10.00 AM TO 07.00 PM ON 16th MARCH, 2019 AT BASAR CAMPUS FOR 4THCONVOCATION
10:00 AM TO 01.00 PM: REGISTRATION DESK AT BASAR CAMPUS
- The staff will be present at the Registration Desk in the Campus on Saturday, the 16th March, 2019, 10:00 AM onwards. The students are required to produce their “No Due Certificate” to the staff at the Registration Desk to get themselves registered for Convocation. The students are to get their dues cleared well in advance to avoid delay at the Registration Desk. The registration shall not be done unless the dues are cleared and the certificate of the same is produced at the Registration Desk.
- You are required to collect the academic robe on payment of Rs. 100/- and depositing a refundable caution deposit of Rs. 500/-. No candidate will be allowed to the Convocation Hall, who is not in proper academic robeprescribed for the Convocation. The dress code is strictly formal for this solemn occasion.
- Dinner coupons would also be provided at the registration desk for all students and parents. These must be produced at the counter at the time of dining session.
- After collecting entry pass, dinner coupons and the robes, students and parents will be directed to changing rooms where the students can put on their robes. Students and parents can then go to the Convocation Hall (SAC Auditorium) and be seated at their designated areas.
- Students and parents are strictly advised to reach the REGISTRATION DESK at theRGUKT – Basar on your own, but before 01:00 PM for collecting entry pass, dinner coupon and robe.
- STUDENTS AND PARENTS SHOULD FOLLOW THE VOLUNTEERS AND TAKE SEAT AT DESIGNATED PLACE AS SHOWN BY VOLUNTEERS.
- No deviation in the seating is permitted. Please follow the instructions of the volunteers.
- Medal winners would be required to be seated at their designated places.
- Parents of the students are provided seating in main Convocation Hall.
03.00 PM to 06.30 PM(TILL THE END OF THE CONVOCATION PROGRAMME)
- Convocation programme would start at sharp 03.00 PM with the arrival of the academic procession.
- Students, parents, staff and invitees should stand up at their seats (maintaining silence) and remain standing till all dignitaries on the dais take their seats.
- All the participants (students, parents, staff and invited guests) will be required to stand at their seat at the following time. (a) Procession of dignitaries, (b) National Anthem and (c) Dignitaries leaving the Hall after Convocation ends and sit back as soon as particular activities gets completed.
- Only B.Tech graduates should stand up during their Graduation oath taking ceremony and sit down after oath process is done. Others (staff, invited guests) would remain seated during this time.
- Students and parents should proceed for dinner at food counters arranged (within the premises only) after the Convocation closes with the departure of dignitaries.
- Silence should be maintained during the entire process of Convocation and remain seated.
- Students should remain seated in the Convocation Hall and should not leave the Hall till Convocation programme ends.
- Follow proper “Q” system and maintain discipline during lunch and dinner thereby help in smooth conduct of the programme.
- You would be receiving the Degree certificate during the Convocation if you have produced “No Dues Certificate”.
- Students have to stand up from their seat (one branch at a time) after announcement and fall in “Q” system at designated place to receive the certificates in the following order (ID No wise): Chemical Engg., Civil Engg., CSE, ECE, ME & MME. The above order (branch and ID No wise) should be followed without fail while receiving Degrees.
Volunteers will be guiding you during this important phase. You must listen to them and follow their instructions.
- SILENCE SHOULD BE MAINTAINED DURING DEGREE CERTIFICATE PRESENTATION
- After the programme, you may leave the convocation Hall and proceed towards the Registration Desk (where you received the robe) to return the robe and collect the caution deposit. Silence should be maintained while leaving the Convocation Hall.
- You are requested to cooperate with the members/volunteers of the Convocation for the smooth conduct of the entire Convocation programme.