DEPARTMENT OF BIO SCIENCE
- Conducted awareness program on Biodiversity in 2012 – Lectures on biodiversity conservation were held and competitions on Essay writing/Posters/Painting among students on the theme of biodiversity were conducted.
- Established the association with Deshpande Foundation in 2016 for empowering entrepreneurship, skill development & leadership qualities in students to drive social innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Submitted proposal for generation of biogas from kitchen waste under partnership (to receive 60% of the cost) with Telangana State Council of Science and Technology (TSCOST) to the Department of Science and Technology (DST) in 2016.
- Green Belt initiative for conserving and enhancing biodiversity in the campus from 2015 onwards. Dr. K. Madhusudhan received recognition award from the Hon’ble Minister I.K. Reddy for playing a key role in developing green campus of RGUKT Basar recently in 2017.
- Waste treatment through the process of Vermicomposting is being developed in the university under the aegis of the Department.
- Attended bioasia 2020 at Hyderabad along with the students to emphasize current happening in biological field and to inculcate research attitude among them .
Short term goals:
Long term goals:
- Induction of short course to award diploma certification on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- Building awareness on environmental issues and creating platform for scientific knowledge dissemination (by conducting Seminars/Workshops/Conferences and Outreach Programmes).
- Start Postgraduate course in Environmental Engineering and seek funding support scheme of FIST of Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) to establish the state of the art infrastructure in due time.
- Building resource of Bioinformatics computational facility as a primer to accelerate knowledge discovery and scientific research.
- Envisage the creation of Knowledge Dissemination Centre for sharing and spreading established knowledge to agricultural, health and sanitation related problems with specific relevance to rural societies.
- Envisage the creation of Technological Centre for Biotechnological interventions for rural problems and generate income from such technological social innovations.
- Envisage the creation of Centre for Excellency which will act as a nodal centre for technology transfer to uplift rural economies and foster support as a regional facility for the local institutions for interdisciplinary scientific research. Also act as incubation centre and aid in forging industrial linkages for building translation research to transform fundamental research to viable commercial products.