DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- To provide strong fundamentals in Science and Technology in the undergraduate level degree programs and to develop research activities in Chemistry.
- To introduce innovative teaching methodologies and evaluation system to help students progress in various fields
- To impart knowledge of the fundamental principles and contemporary practices of chemistry, and to use them to investigate, explain and predict new phenomena.
- To make students aware of the application of scientific principles, particularly those of chemistry, to societal issues.
- The Department of Chemistry strives for excellence in all aspects of teaching and researches, to produce Engineers of high quality required in Industries/academy
- To create and maintain programs of excellence in the areas of research, education and public outreach.
- We foster and encourage the pursuit of new knowledge in chemical sciences and engineering.
- To impart and enhance the advanced knowledge & skills of Chemistry to Engineering and Technology students.
- To inculcate the importance of Basic Sciences and develop a natural flair for Engineering and Technology