S. Chand Rakesh Roshan
Head of the Department
: M.Tech-University of Hyderabad, M.Sc-Sri Satya Sai University
: 91 - 9908797832
: Flat no. 201, 2BR-A
IIIT Basar Campus , Basar Mandal,
Nirmal Dist, Telangana-504107.
IIIT Basar Campus , Basar Mandal,
Nirmal Dist, Telangana-504107.
Mr. S.C.Rakesh Roshan had joined the institute in 2010.
- Working as Faculty Member in Department of Physics from October 28th, 2010.[Experience: ]
- Research Domains: MonteCarlo Simulations, First principle Calculations, Nuclear Structure Studies
- Post Graduation: 1) M.Tech Thesis work , Guide: Prof.V.S.S.Sastry, UOH and 2) M.Sc Thesis Work , Guide : Prof. M.Sainath, SSSIHL
- Under Graduation: B.Sc (Hons) , Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Whitefield Campus, Bangalore
- M.Tech Batch Placement Coordinator, University of Hyderabad, 2010.
- Qualified in JEST, All India Percentile 97.7.
- Qualified in GATE, All India Rank 244
- Qualified in CSIR-UGC NET for LS.
- Awarded NASA Teacher Award in 2013
Invited Talks and as Resource Person:
- Invited Presentation and talk at National Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Functional Materials 2019, School of Technology,GITAM University, Hyderabad, 21-22 Feb 2019
- Resource Person and speaker at Two Day FDP, Faculty Development Programme on Effective Mentoring under Equity Action Plan, TEQIP-III, JNTU Hyderabad, Pallavi Engineering College, Hyderabad, 2-3rd August 2019.
- Invited Presentation and Panel Discussion at IEEE International Conference at IIT Madras, December 2018.
- Resource Person and Invited Talk at Two Week FDP, AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Programme cum workshop on “New Frontiers on Multiscale Modelling oF Advanced Functional Materials”, NEC Narasaraopeta, 10th – 25th November 2017.
- Invited Speaker on the occasion of National Metallurgists Day 2016, Dept of MME, RGUKT-Basar
PROFESSIONAL ACHEIVEMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- He has been awarded with “Best Faculty Award".
- He has been awarded with “Bharat Excellence Award 2018" in the Field of Education.
- He has been awarded with “Young Leader in Science Award" on 06th Jan 2018.
- Member of University Digital Initiatives Committee, July 2017.
- Member of Board of Studies and Co-Convenor, Board of Studies, Department of Physics, RGUKT Basar, 2018.
- Convener of Recruitment Board/Panels for Recruitment of Guest Faculty in the Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Telugu and English, RGUKT Basar, 2018.
- Faculty Incharge for Placements, Training and Placement activities for the University (RGUKT Basar) , October 2017 – Till date.
- SWAYAM-NPTEL Coordinator of the University, RGUKT Basar ( 2016 - Till Date).
- Expert Member and Resource Person in AICTE Orientation Program, RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Committee Member for Quarters Allocation and Report Submitted has been Approved by EC of University, 2018.
- Committee Member for Sign Boards and Report submitted has been approved by EC of University, 2018.
- Committee Member and Convener for Rules and Regulations Framing for Administrative Positions in RGUKT, 2018.
- Core Committee Member for Conduction of University Tech Fest, 2018.
- Core Committee Member for University Convocation Program execution, 2018.
- Incharge Associate Dean Academics for a fortnight where with the coordination of all concerned had Successfully executed the Tasks of Induction Program for E1 Students, PUC Orientation Program and Classes and Guest faculty Recruitment.
- Expert Member and Convener for Guest Lab Assistant Recruitment in Department of Physics, RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Management Committee Member for Smooth running of RGUKT Campus School 2018 where more than 50 kids of University Staff are studying.
- Committee Member for Study and Propose the Changes in Academic Curriculum at RGUKT Basar.
- Committee Member for the Setting up and Implementation of Digital Library in RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Organising secretary of One day National Seminar organized by School of Sciences on eve of National Science Day, 2018.
- Awarded NASA Teacher Award in 2013 and NASA Appreciation in 2014,2015,2016,2017 for guiding students to meritorious positions in NASA AMES Space Settlement Contest Worldwide.
- Coordinator of Physics Department, RGUKT,Basar during 2012-2014 Years.
- Organizing Committee Member of University Fest, Science and Technology Fair,2013, RGUKT,Basar.
- Organizing Committee Member of University Tech Fest,2014, RGUKT,Basar.
- Coordinator for Soft Skills, RGUKT-Basar, 2013.
- Associate Editor for RGUKT University Newsletter “VIVEKAM”.
- Member of Central Technical Committee for Conduction of University Technical events (2017).
- Head of the Department of Physics, RGUKT-Basar, (from July 2014-till date).
- Member of Board of Studies, Department of Physics, RGUKT-Basar 2015.
- Organizing Committee Member of National Science Day Celebrations 2015,2016 and 2017.
- Played a pivotal role in establishment of Labs for Physics Minor Labs, RGUKT-Basar.
- External Examiner for PG Exams/ PG Projects , Sri Satya Sai University.
- Appreciation Award from NPTEL-IIT Madras for successful collaboration and execution as SPOC for RGUKT-Basar (2016).
- Certificate of Appreciation at National level for successful execution as SPOC of NPTEL, May 2017 and award of RGUKT as one of “Top 50 Local Chapters” in Country.
- Certificate of Appreciation at National level for successful execution as SWAYAM NPTEL Coordinator of NPTEL, Jan 2019 and award of RGUKT as one of “Top 15 Local Chapters” in Country.
- Member of Committee constituted by University (RGUKT Basar) for Framing Rules for Residential accommodation of staff on Campus, September 2017.
Conferences /Symposium/Workshops Participated:
- Lecture course on “Carbon Nanotubes: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications,”June 2006, Dept of Physics, Sri Sathya Sai University, Prasanthi Nilayam.
- International workshop on “Science and Applications of Nano-structured Materials”, Nov29-Dec 1 2006, Dept of Physics, Sri Sathya Sai University, Prasanthi Nilayam.
- Participated in India-Singapore physics symposium: University of Hyderabad, India, from 19-21 st February, 2010.
- Participated in Advanced X-ray Diffraction Powder Studies, AXDPS,2013 workshop, Organised by Dept. Of MME, RGUKT,Hyderabad.
- Participated in Work Shop on Materials Testing and Characterization, WMTC-2016 workshop, Organised by Dept. Of MME, RGUKT,BASAR.
- Participated in ‘Experimental Techniques in Gamma Spectroscopy School’ Held in IUAC, New Delhi, 25-29 April 2015.
- Participated in NPTEL Awareness Workshop by IIT Madras, conducted at Vardhaman College of Engineering , Hyderabad, 2016.
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association, 2016.
- Participated in Powder Metallurgy and Advanced Ceramics (PMAC 2018) in association with Powder Metallurgy Association of India, 27-28th September 2018, RGUKT Basar
- Coordinator of "One Day National Workshop on NPTEL" jointly Organized by NPTEL, IIT Madras and RGUKT Basar at RGUKT Basar, Telangana, 29th July 2017.
- Organizing Secretary for International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials, ICAFM 2017, scheduled on Dec 18-20, 2017, RGUKT Basar.
- Coordinated and Organised OutReach Programs by Physics Department, RGUKT Basar in local ZPHS Schools in educating Science, Dec 2016.
- Organizing Secretary of National Science Day Celebrations conducted at RGUKT Basar 2019,2018,2017,2016.
- Invited Presentation and Panel Discussion at IEEE International Conference at IIT Madras December 2018
- Poster Presentation in DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium,2010, Manipal University. December 2010.
- Oral Presentation in National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications, CMPA-2016, Manipal University, June 2016.
- Poster Presentation in Two Day National Symposium, Recent Advances in Chemistry and Material Sciences, RACMS, National Conference, 2016 RGUKT, August 2016.
- Oral Presentation in International Conference on Advanced Materials, SCICON-2016, Amrita University, Coimbatore, December 2016.
- Oral presentation in 20th International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences (CONIAPSXX) on Recent advances in physical sciences and Future Challenges, Osmania University, Hyderabad, July 14-16, 2017.
- Poster Presentation in National Conference on Recent Advances in Materials Science and Technologies September 15-16, 2017, Telangana University.
- Poster Presentation in DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium,,BARC, Mumbai, December 2017.
- Oral Presentation at ICMPC 2018, International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, 16-18 March, GRIET, Hyderabad.
- Oral Presentation at two day “National Conference on Advances in Nano and Functional Materials” (NCANFM-2019),30-31 January 2019, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- S.C.Rakesh Roshan, Lavanya Kunduru, N Yedukondalu, ,M.Sainath, Phase Transition and Dynamical Stability of Calcium Chalcogenides under High Pressure, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 18874–18878.
- Lavanya Kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, High Pressure Study on Structural, Electronic and Elastic properties of Calcium Chalcogenides, CaX (X = S,Se) by first principles calculations , Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 16849–16854 , Jan 2018.
- Lavanya Kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, N Yedukondalu, ,M.Sainath, Pressure driven Topological Semi metallic phase in SrTe, American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1966, 020029 (2018);
- N Yedukondalu, Lavanya kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, M.Sainath, Assessment of Bandgaps for Alkaline earth Chalcogenides using Improved Tran Blaha modified Becke Johnson Potential. American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1942, 090030 (2018);
- Low Lying two-quasiparticle structures in odd-odd 𝟕𝟓𝑹𝒆107 , S.C.Rakesh Roshan, Lavanya K, Sainath M , Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 62 (2017).
- S C R Roshan, L Kunduru, R Jose, K. P. N. Murthy, and V S S Sastry, Azimuthal Bistability in Patterened Nematic Liquid Crystal Films: A Monte Carlo Study, AIP Conference Proceedings 1349, 178 (2011).
- L Kunduru, S C R Roshan, B K Latha, K. P. N. Murthy, and V S S Sastry, Polymer Network Induced Ordering in Biaxial Nematic Liquid Crystals: A Monte Carlo Study, AIP Conference Proceedings 1349 182 (2011).
Events participation as UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE:
- University Representative at MoU Signing of MCRHRD, Govt of Telangana with RedBerri corporation,USA , held at Dr.MCRHRD Institute, Feb 28th, 2017.
- University Representative at Industry Institute Interaction for Indian Innovation at ESCI, Engineering Staff College of India, November 2018.
- University Representative at Global R&D Summit 2019, 21-22 February 2019, Marriott, Hyderabad.
Non Academic/Administrative Experience:
- Coordinator for Cricket during 2014 when University Team won EENADU Cricket Tournament.
- Advisory Committee member of HOPE HOUSE, a trust formed for the and by the students of RGUKT since 2015.
- Committee Member for Various Disciplinary related incidents in University.
- Committee Member of NBA Committee constituted for Accreditation purposes.
- Committee member for Moderation of Results.
- One of Key responsible staff members in establishment and maintenance of IIIT Kindergarten Play school inside the Premises of the University.
- Served as Executive Member of University Employees Association (AUEB) from 2015-17.
- Executive Member of Teaching Employees Association Muster (TEAM), RGUKT Basar, March 2017 – Till date
- Nominated by the University as “Sports Rector Nominee” during 2013-14.
- Committee Member of NAAC Committee constituted for University Accreditation purposes, June 2017.
- Faculty Volunteer for Placement activities of Campus Placements, RGUKT Basar , 2016.