S. Chand Rakesh Roshan
Former Head of the Department, Physics; Faculty Incharge -Training & Placements ; SWAYAM-NPTEL University Coordinator
: (Ph.D – Pursuing from NIT-Warangal), M.Tech-University of Hyderabad, M.Sc-Sri Satya Sai University
: 91 - 9908797832
: Flat no. 201, 2BR-A
IIIT Basar Campus , Basar Mandal,
Nirmal Dist, Telangana-504107.
IIIT Basar Campus , Basar Mandal,
Nirmal Dist, Telangana-504107.
Mr. S.C.Rakesh Roshan had joined the institute in 2010.
- Working as Faculty Member in Department of Physics from October 28th, 2010.[Experience: ]
- Research Domains: MonteCarlo Simulations, First principle Calculations, Nuclear Structure Studies
- Post Graduation: 1) M.Tech Thesis work , Guide: Prof.V.S.S.Sastry, UOH and 2) M.Sc Thesis Work , Guide : Prof. M.Sainath, SSSIHL
- Under Graduation: B.Sc (Hons) , Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Whitefield Campus, Bangalore
- M.Tech Batch Placement Coordinator, University of Hyderabad, 2010.
- Qualified in JEST, All India Percentile 97.7.
- Qualified in GATE, All India Rank 244
- Qualified in CSIR-UGC NET for LS.
- Awarded NASA Teacher Award in 2013
Invited Talks and as Resource Person:
- Invited Presentation and talk at National Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Functional Materials 2019, School of Technology,GITAM University, Hyderabad, 21-22 Feb 2019
- Resource Person and speaker at Two Day FDP, Faculty Development Programme on Effective Mentoring under Equity Action Plan, TEQIP-III, JNTU Hyderabad, Pallavi Engineering College, Hyderabad, 2-3rd August 2019.
- Invited Presentation and Panel Discussion at IEEE International Conference at IIT Madras, December 2018.
- Resource Person and Invited Talk at Two Week FDP, AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Programme cum workshop on “New Frontiers on Multiscale Modelling oF Advanced Functional Materials”, NEC Narasaraopeta, 10th – 25th November 2017.
- Invited Speaker on the occasion of National Metallurgists Day 2016, Dept of MME, RGUKT-Basar
- Resource Person for the webinar on ‘ Best Practices at Local Chapters’ by NPTEL-MHRD, June 19th 2020.
- Resource Person for the ‘ NPTEL Awareness Online workshops ‘ held online from Jan 4th till Jan 19th 2021 across different states of the country by NPTEL-MHRD India.
PROFESSIONAL ACHEIVEMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- He has been awarded with “Best Faculty Award".
- He has been awarded with “Bharat Excellence Award 2018" in the Field of Education.
- He has been awarded with “Young Leader in Science Award" on 06th Jan 2018.
- Member of University Digital Initiatives Committee, July 2017.
- Member of Board of Studies and Co-Convenor, Board of Studies, Department of Physics, RGUKT Basar, 2018.
- Convener of Recruitment Board/Panels for Recruitment of Guest Faculty in the Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Telugu and English, RGUKT Basar, 2018.
- Faculty Incharge for Placements, Training and Placement activities for the University (RGUKT Basar) , October 2017 – Till date.
- SWAYAM-NPTEL Coordinator of the University, RGUKT Basar ( 2016 - Till Date).
- Expert Member and Resource Person in AICTE Orientation Program, RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Committee Member for Quarters Allocation and Report Submitted has been Approved by EC of University, 2018.
- Committee Member for Sign Boards and Report submitted has been approved by EC of University, 2018.
- Committee Member and Convener for Rules and Regulations Framing for Administrative Positions in RGUKT, 2018.
- Core Committee Member for Conduction of University Tech Fest, 2018.
- Core Committee Member for University Convocation Program execution, 2018.
- Incharge Associate Dean Academics for a fortnight where with the coordination of all concerned had Successfully executed the Tasks of Induction Program for E1 Students, PUC Orientation Program and Classes and Guest faculty Recruitment.
- Expert Member and Convener for Guest Lab Assistant Recruitment in Department of Physics, RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Management Committee Member for Smooth running of RGUKT Campus School 2018 where more than 50 kids of University Staff are studying.
- Committee Member for Study and Propose the Changes in Academic Curriculum at RGUKT Basar.
- Committee Member for the Setting up and Implementation of Digital Library in RGUKT Basar 2018.
- Organising secretary of One day National Seminar organized by School of Sciences on eve of National Science Day, 2018.
- Awarded NASA Teacher Award in 2013 and NASA Appreciation in 2014,2015,2016,2017 for guiding students to meritorious positions in NASA AMES Space Settlement Contest Worldwide.
- Coordinator of Physics Department, RGUKT,Basar during 2012-2014 Years.
- Organizing Committee Member of University Fest, Science and Technology Fair,2013, RGUKT,Basar.
- Organizing Committee Member of University Tech Fest,2014, RGUKT,Basar.
- Coordinator for Soft Skills, RGUKT-Basar, 2013.
- Associate Editor for RGUKT University Newsletter “VIVEKAM”.
- Member of Central Technical Committee for Conduction of University Technical events (2017).
- Head of the Department of Physics, RGUKT-Basar, (from July 2014-till date).
- Member of Board of Studies, Department of Physics, RGUKT-Basar 2015.
- Organizing Committee Member of National Science Day Celebrations 2015,2016 and 2017.
- Played a pivotal role in establishment of Labs for Physics Minor Labs, RGUKT-Basar.
- External Examiner for PG Exams/ PG Projects , Sri Satya Sai University.
- Appreciation Award from NPTEL-IIT Madras for successful collaboration and execution as SPOC for RGUKT-Basar (2016).
- Certificate of Appreciation at National level for successful execution as SPOC of NPTEL, May 2017 and award of RGUKT as one of “Top 50 Local Chapters” in Country.
- Certificate of Appreciation at National level for successful execution as SWAYAM NPTEL Coordinator of NPTEL, Jan 2019 and award of RGUKT as one of “Top 15 Local Chapters” in Country.
- Certificate of Appreciation for the outstanding professional skill, leadership in the Lifeskills program by Rubicon (as a part of Barclays CSR), Jan 2022.
- Member of Committee constituted by University (RGUKT Basar) for Framing Rules for Residential accommodation of staff on Campus, September 2017.
- Primarily Responsible for the Conduction of TCS TAAP Program and YEP Program as a part of TCS CSR Activity at RGUKT Basar, 2019-20 and 2020-21
- SPOC of the University for OPLC - IIT Madras, September 2021 – till date
- SPOC of the University for NASSCOM-DXC Program August 2021 – till date
- Appreciation Certificate for Exceptional contribution as a ‘Judge’ in Toycathon 2021, Ministry of Education, MSME,MIE Govt.of India
ICT Tools in Education:
- The Pandemic has shifted all our teachers to move to Online mode of teaching, The urge to help out fellow teaching fraternity in this transition and to help them adapt themselves to this online mode, he has made available a few resources which are highly beneficial to the teaching fraternity.
Invited Keynote Speaker and Resource Person:
- Resource Person for “National Seminar on Quality Initiatives in Higher Education" by SD college, Ambala Cantt. in collaboration with Directorate of Higher Education, Haryana, on March 26th 2022.
- Invited Speaker for “AICTE-ISTE sponsored 6 Days Induction/Refresher Programme on "Pedagogical Tools & Techniques for Technical Education in the New Normal" during 30-12-2021 to 05-01-2022, Chennai. (2 hr session)
- Invited speaker and sole resource person for ‘ Unleashing the power of online assessments’ held for all the University Staff of ‘ University for Technology and applied sciences – UTAS – IBRA’, Sultanate of Oman on 9th March 2021.
- Keynote Speaker at National Level AICTE workshop on "Digital Transformation and Pedagogies" from 10th Aug to 14th Aug 2020 organized by Walchand college of Engg., Sangli & Govt. Engg College, Karad, Maharashtra under AICTE Margadarshan ( 2 hr session) .
- Sole Resource Person for the Five day National FDP on Tools for "Online Teaching Learning and Evaluation” (20.7.2020 to 24.07.2020) organized by RBVRR women's college (Autonomous), Hyderabad (300 Participants).
- Sole Resource Person for the "Two day Professional Development program for teachers in the New Normal of application of ICT In Teaching" organized by Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College (Autonomous),Kolkata (29,30 July 2020) (150 Participants).
- Resource Person for the Four Day FDP on the topic "ICT Tools in Education for Teaching" faculty organized by Rathinam group of institutions, Coimbatore on 31st July 2020 ( 2 hr session) (350 Participants).
- Resource person for 'The New Normal in Teaching V2.0' for Faculty, as a part of Free Microsoft Education Training program to educate teachers in ICT Tools on 12 July, 2020 (10 am to 5 pm) ( 500 participants).
- Resource person for 'The New Normal in Teaching ' for Faculty, as a part of Free Microsoft Education Training program to educate teachers in ICT Tools on 05 July, 2020 (10 am to 5 pm) (500 participants).
Mr. S Chand Rakesh Roshan is a Certified:
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (2021-22)
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Master Trainer (2020-21)
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainer (2019-20)
- Adobe Creative Educator
- Kahoot Gold Certified Teacher of Awesome
- TCS iON Certified Digital Teacher
- So far Mr. S Chand Rakesh Roshan has empowered (trained) more than 1500 plus Teaching faculty spread across 1200 institutions across the country in his personal capacity completely free of cost.
Comprehensive ICT Setup for Faculty:
- Please find the original resource for Comprehensive ICT PDF Setup for Teachers in Education developed by Mr. S Chand Rakesh Roshan:
These ICT Tools are readily usable, almost Free of cost and cover all aspects like Presentation, Video Conferencing, Video Recording, Whiteboard, Collaboration, Formal Assessment , Gaming assessments, Infographics, Mind maps and Learner Management Systems.
ICT Tools in Education (Comprehensive pdf) by Roshan
- YouTube Channel:
20 plus of these Free ICT Tools (so far) in greater detail have been discussed on youtube, these are highly beneficial to all the teaching fraternity
Help Ever-ICT Tools in Education
Short Term Training Courses (STTC) / Refresher Courses / Faculty Development Programs (FDP) :
- One week AICTE-ISTE Virtual Faculty Development Programme on Thermoelectric Materials and Applications for Energy Harvesting and power generation, Dec 2021
- One week AICTE Recognized Faculty Development program on Green Energy Materials and Technology, Nov 2021
- One week ATAL FDP on Novel Materials for Next Generation Applications, July 2021 under AICTE, India.
- One week AICTE Recognized Faculty Development Programme on Energy Storages Materials & Devices, June 2021
- One week AICTE Recognized Faculty Development Programme on Quantum and Energy Materials: Potential and Applications,June 2021
- One week AICTE Recognized Faculty Development Programme on Energy Harvesting Materials & Devices, May 2021
- One week ATAL FDP on Novel materials, Jan 2021 under AICTE, India.
- One week STTC on Materials and devices for advanced applications, July 2020 under MHRD, India by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Two week Refresher Course in Engineering Physics, October 2020 under MHRD, India by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- One week FDP in Advanced materials and characterization by School of Sciences, June 2020, NIT AP.
- One week FDP in Recent Trends and Perspectives in Spintronic and Optical materials by School of Sciences, October 2020, NIT AP.
- Two Month Course on Learning Physics through Simple Experiments, June 2020 by Center for continuing Education, IIT Kanpur.
- One week FDP on LaTeX in association with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, May 2020
- One week FDP on Moodle in association with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, April 2020
- One week FDP on Python in association with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay , April 2020
- One week FDP on “Advanced Materials for Energy Harvesting, Conversion and Storage” organized by Department of S&H, MLR Institute, Hyderabad, June 2020
- One week FDP on SciLab in association with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay ,May 2020
- One week STTC on HRD & Training Methods ,October 2020 under MHRD, India by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Refresher Course in Leadership and Governance in Higher Education, Feb 2020 under ARPIT, UGC.
- One week FDP on Introduction to Research, under NPTEL, AICTE , May 2018
Conferences /Symposium/Workshops Participated:
- DST & ACS Workshop by The American Chemical Society (ACS) and Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India in association with Vigyan Prasar, March 8th 2022.
- International Winter School on Frontiers in Materials Science (A Hybrid event) held at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research during December 06-10, 2021.
- 20th International Workshop on Computational Physics and Materials Science: Total Energy and Force Methods, organized by ICTP - The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 23-25 Feb 2021
- 19th workshop on Crystal Structure Prediction with USPEX , SKOLTECH, Russia, Nov - 2020
- Two day workshop on Online Tools & Software for Remote Teaching – Learning organized by UGC-HRDC, JNTU-H, April 2020
- Lecture course on “Carbon Nanotubes: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications,”June 2006, Dept of Physics, Sri Sathya Sai University, Prasanthi Nilayam.
- International workshop on “Science and Applications of Nano-structured Materials”, Nov29-Dec 1 2006, Dept of Physics, Sri Sathya Sai University, Prasanthi Nilayam.
- Participated in India-Singapore physics symposium: University of Hyderabad, India, from 19-21 st February, 2010.
- Participated in Advanced X-ray Diffraction Powder Studies, AXDPS,2013 workshop, Organised by Dept. Of MME, RGUKT,Hyderabad.
- Participated in Work Shop on Materials Testing and Characterization, WMTC-2016 workshop, Organised by Dept. Of MME, RGUKT,BASAR.
- Participated in ‘Experimental Techniques in Gamma Spectroscopy School’ Held in IUAC, New Delhi, 25-29 April 2015.
- Participated in NPTEL Awareness Workshop by IIT Madras, conducted at Vardhaman College of Engineering , Hyderabad, 2016.
- Participated in Powder Metallurgy and Advanced Ceramics (PMAC 2018) in association with Powder Metallurgy Association of India, 27-28th September 2018, RGUKT Basar
- Coordinator of "One Day National Workshop on NPTEL" jointly Organized by NPTEL, IIT Madras and RGUKT Basar at RGUKT Basar, Telangana, 29th July 2017.
- Organizing Secretary for International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials, ICAFM 2017, scheduled on Dec 18-20, 2017, RGUKT Basar.
- Coordinated and Organised OutReach Programs by Physics Department, RGUKT Basar in local ZPHS Schools in educating Science, Dec 2016.
- Organizing Secretary of National Science Day Celebrations conducted at RGUKT Basar 2019,2018,2017,2016.
- Co-Convenor of National Science Day Celebrations conducted at RGUKT Basar 2020
- Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings.
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association
- Life Member of Indian Physics Association
- Member of ACS
- Invited Presentation and Panel Discussion at IEEE International Conference at IIT Madras December 2018
- Poster Presentation in DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium,2010, Manipal University. December 2010.
- Oral Presentation in National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications, CMPA-2016, Manipal University, June 2016.
- Poster Presentation in Two Day National Symposium, Recent Advances in Chemistry and Material Sciences, RACMS, National Conference, 2016 RGUKT, August 2016.
- Oral Presentation in International Conference on Advanced Materials, SCICON-2016, Amrita University, Coimbatore, December 2016.
- Oral presentation in 20th International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences (CONIAPSXX) on Recent advances in physical sciences and Future Challenges, Osmania University, Hyderabad, July 14-16, 2017.
- Poster Presentation in National Conference on Recent Advances in Materials Science and Technologies September 15-16, 2017, Telangana University.
- Poster Presentation in DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium,,BARC, Mumbai, December 2017.
- Oral Presentation at ICMPC 2018, International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, 16-18 March, GRIET, Hyderabad.
- Oral Presentation at two day “National Conference on Advances in Nano and Functional Materials” (NCANFM-2019),30-31 January 2019, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Oral Presentation at ACS Sponsored First International Conference on Technologies for Smart Green Connected Society 2021, Nov 29-30 , 2021
Publications (Scopus/WoS indexed/UGC approved):
- S Chand Rakesh Roshan, Yedukondalu N, T Venkatappa Rao, & R Rakesh Kumar. (2021). Effect of Tensile Strain on Thermal Transport of BaTe. SPAST Abstracts, 1(01)
- Kunduru, L., Yedukondalu, N., Rakesh Roshan, S. C., Sripada, S., & Sainath, M. (2021). Structural phase transition and electronic structure of binary CaO and SrO under high pressure. Materials Today: Proceedings. Elsevier BV
- S.C.Rakesh Roshan, Lavanya Kunduru, N Yedukondalu, ,M.Sainath, Phase Transition and Dynamical Stability of Calcium Chalcogenides under High Pressure, Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 18874–18878.
- Lavanya Kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, High Pressure Study on Structural, Electronic and Elastic properties of Calcium Chalcogenides, CaX (X = S,Se) by first principles calculations , Elsevier Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 16849–16854 , Jan 2018.
- Lavanya Kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, N Yedukondalu, ,M.Sainath, Pressure driven Topological Semi metallic phase in SrTe, American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1966, 020029 (2018);
- N Yedukondalu, Lavanya kunduru, S.C.Rakesh Roshan, M.Sainath, Assessment of Bandgaps for Alkaline earth Chalcogenides using Improved Tran Blaha modified Becke Johnson Potential. American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1942, 090030 (2018);
- Low Lying two-quasiparticle structures in odd-odd 𝟕𝟓𝑹𝒆107 , S.C.Rakesh Roshan, Lavanya K, Sainath M , Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 62 (2017).
- S C R Roshan, L Kunduru, R Jose, K. P. N. Murthy, and V S S Sastry, Azimuthal Bistability in Patterened Nematic Liquid Crystal Films: A Monte Carlo Study, AIP Conference Proceedings 1349, 178 (2011).
- L Kunduru, S C R Roshan, B K Latha, K. P. N. Murthy, and V S S Sastry, Polymer Network Induced Ordering in Biaxial Nematic Liquid Crystals: A Monte Carlo Study, AIP Conference Proceedings 1349 182 (2011).
Events participation as UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE:
- University Representative at MoU Signing of MCRHRD, Govt of Telangana with RedBerri corporation,USA , held at Dr.MCRHRD Institute, Feb 28th, 2017.
- University Representative at Industry Institute Interaction for Indian Innovation at ESCI, Engineering Staff College of India, November 2018.
- University Representative at Global R&D Summit 2019, 21-22 February 2019, Marriott, Hyderabad.
- University Representative (For Training and Placements) at Innovation Summit Telangana, Dec 18th 2020, Hyderabad.
Non Academic/Administrative Experience:
- Coordinator for Cricket during 2014 when University Team won EENADU Cricket Tournament.
- Advisory Committee member of HOPE HOUSE, a trust formed for the and by the students of RGUKT from 2015 to 2020.
- Committee Member for Various Disciplinary related incidents in University.
- Committee Member of NBA Committee constituted for Accreditation purposes.
- Committee member for Moderation of Results.
- One of Key responsible staff members in establishment and maintenance of IIIT Kindergarten Play school inside the Premises of the University.
- Served as Executive Member of University Employees Association (AUEB) from 2015-17.
- Executive Member of Teaching Employees Association Muster (TEAM), RGUKT Basar, March 2017 – March 2019
- Nominated by the University as “Sports Rector Nominee” during 2013-14.
- Committee Member of NAAC Committee constituted for University Accreditation purposes, June 2017.
- Convenor, Training and Placements core committee of the University 2017- till date, RGUKT Basar
- Faculty Volunteer for Placement activities of Campus Placements, RGUKT Basar , 2016.