Dr. Namani Rakesh, Ph.D.,
Associate Dean of Engineering
|Assistant Professor (Regular)|
Education: Ph.D in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Trichy.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91 - 8985485720
Dr. Namani Rakesh has joined the institute in 2016.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=k_8OIckAAAAJ&hl=en
Scopus Profile: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=55513202900
|RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS (20)|
(SCI/SCOPUS Indexed International Journals-11 & IEEE International Conferences-09)
2. Namani Rakesh*, Senthilkumar Subramaniam, Babu Natarajan, and Malavya Udugula; “A non-puzzle based interconnection scheme for energy savings and income generation from partially shaded photovoltaic modules”; International Journal of Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects – Taylor & Francis, pp. 1-20, 2022. DOI: 10.1080/15567036.2022.2029973. (SCI/Scopus H Index-45) (Impact Factor- 1.184).
3. Namani Rakesh*, Senthilkumar Subramaniam, Sarojinimary Samikannu and G. Madhusudanan; “A Simple control strategy and dynamic energy management for the operation of combined grid-connected and stand-alone solar photovoltaic applications”;Journal of King Saud University- Engineering Sciences (JKSUES) – Elsevier, pp. 1-9, 2021. DOI:10.1016/j.jksues.2021.12.009. (SCI/Scopus H Index-34) (Impact Factor- 4.695).
2. Namani Rakesh*, Babu Natarajan, Senthilkumar Subramaniam, and G. Madhusudanan; “Single stage power control strategy for nanogrid”; Distributed Generation and Alternate Energy Journal – River Publishers, 37(3), pp. 1-22, DOI: 10.13052/dgaej2156-3306.37317 2021. (Scopus H Index-12).
1. Babu Natarajan, Namani Rakesh*, Senthilkumar Subramaniam, Malavya Udugula, and Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban; “GMPPT Algorithm Based Maximum Power Tracking under Dynamic Weather Conditions Employing Krill-Herd Technique”; International Journal of Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects – Taylor & Francis, pp. 1-16, 2021. DOI:10.1080/15567036.2021.1948934. (SCI/Scopus H Index-45) (Impact Factor- 1.184)
1. Namani Rakesh, Sanchari Banerjee, Senthilkumar Subramaniam, and Natarajan Babu; “A simplified method for fault detection and identification of mismatch modules and strings in a grid-tied solar photovoltaic system”; International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems- DE GRUYTER, 21(4), pp. 1-16, 2020. DOI:10.1515/ijeeps-2020-0001. (SCI/Scopus H Index-21) (Impact Factor- 0.86)
2. G. Madhusudanan, Namani Rakesh, S. Senthil Kumar, and S. Sarojini Mary; “Solar Photovoltaic Array Reconfiguration using Magic Su-Do-Ku algorithm for Maximum Power Production under Partial Shading Conditions”; Taylor & Francis- International Journal of Ambient Energy, pp. 1-24, 2019. DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2019.1691654. (SCI/Scopus H Index-21) (Impact Factor- 1.740)
1. Namani Rakesh, S. Senthil Kumar, and G Madhusudanan; “Mitigation of power mismatch losses and wiring line losses of partially shaded solar PV array using Improvised Magic Technique”; IET-Renewable Power Generation, 13(9), pp.1522-1532, 2019. DOI:10.1049/iet-rpg.2018.5927. (SCI/Scopus H Index-68) (Impact Factor- 3.981)
1. D. Rishikesh, Namani Rakesh*, Udugula Malavya; “A New technique to extract maximum power from wind turbine”; IEEE National Power System Conference (NPSC), Tiruchirappalli, pp. 1-6, 14th -16th December, 2018.
2.Namani Rakesh*, Udugula Malavya; “Maximizing the Power Output of Partially Shaded Solar PV Array using Novel Interconnection Method”; IEEE International Conference on Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA), Bangalore, pp. 1-5, 21st -23rd February, 2017.
1.Namani Rakesh*, T. Santosh, Udugula Malavya and D. Rishikesh; “Battery Management System for Solar PV Panel”; IEEE International Conference on Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA), Bangalore, pp. 1-5, 21st -23rd February, 2017.
1. Sarojini M S, Rakesh Namani, and Senthil Kumar S; “Power Enhancement of Partially Shaded PV Arrays through Shade dispersion using Magic Square configuration”; Journal of Renewable and sustainable energy- American Institute of Physics, Vol. 8, 063503, pp. 1-26, 2016.DOI: 10.1063/1.4972285. (SCI/Scopus H Index-37) (Impact Factor- 1.611)
2. Namani Rakesh*, and Venkata Madhavaram.T; “Performance Enhancement of Partially Shaded Solar PV Array using Novel Shade Dispersion Technique”; Frontiers in Energy- Springer, 10(2), pp. 227-239, 2015, DOI:10.1007/s11708-016-0405-0405-y. (SCI/Scopus H Index-14) (Impact Factor- 2.657)
1.Namani Rakesh*, Venkata Madhavaram.T, K. Ajith, G. Rajendra Naik and P. Nagarjun Reddy; “A New Technique to Enhance Output Power from Solar PV Array under Different Partial Shaded Conditions”; IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid State Circuits, Singapore, pp. 345-348, 1st -4th June, 2015.
2.A.Vamshi Kumar, K. Ajith, P. Nagarjuna Reddy, G. Rajendra Naik, Namani Rakesh; “Improved power quality control strategy for distributed generation systems”; IEEE International Conference on Smart Electric Grid,Guntur, pp. 1-6, 2014.
1.Namani Rakesh*, A. Nitya and C. Gautham Kumar; “Modelling and Simulation of the Wind Energy Electric Conversion System to Extract The Maximum Power From the Wind Using MATLAB”; IEEE International Conference on Magnetics, Machines & Drives (AICERA-2014 iCMMD), Kearala, pp. 1-6, 24th -26th July, 2014.
4. S. Senthil Kumar, N. Kumaresan, N. Ammasai Gounden, Namani Rakesh; “Analysis and control of wind-driven self-excited induction generators connected to the grid through power converters”; Frontiers in Energy- Springer, Front. Energy, 6(4), pp.403–412, 2012, DOI:10.1007/s11708-012-0208-8. (SCI/Scopus H Index-14) (Impact Factor- 2.657)
3. S. Senthilkumar, N. Kumaresan, Namani Rakesh, K. Vijayakumar and M. Subbiah; “Wind-Driven SEIGs for Supplying Isolated Loads Employing DSP Based Power Electronic Controllers”; International Journal ofWind Engineering, 36 (6), pp. 739-758, 2012. DOI: 10.1260/0309-524X.36.6.739. (SCI/Scopus H Index-40) (Impact Factor- 0.92)
2. Namani Rakesh, N. Kumaresan, S. Senthil Kumar and M.Subbiah; “Performance Predetermination of variable speed wind-driven Grid connected SEIGs”; IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, Bangalore, pp. 1-6, 16th -19th December, 2012.
1. Namani Rakesh, N. Kumaresan, S. Senthil Kumar and M.Subbiah; “Major methods of steady state analysis of Three phase SEIGs-A Summary”; IEEE International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, Nepal, pp. 415-419, 2012.
|BOOK PUBLICATIONS (02)|
|PROJECTS SUPERVISION (05)|
|RESEARCH GRANTS (02)|
|FOREIGN VISITS (01)|
|WORKSHOPS / SHORT TERM COURSES (38)|
|ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS|
|Department Level Faculty in-charge/coordinator|
|Professional societies Membership|
|Technical Reviewer for|
|Sr.No||Name of the event/workshop||Title of the Lecture||Institute/ Industry||Date|
|13||IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Renewable Systems (ICEARS 22)||Design, Development, and Testing of Solar Iron Box for Smart Home||St. Mother Theresa Engineering College, Tuticorin, Tamilnadu||16th to 18th March, 2022|
|12||Student Induction Program (SIP) A.Y 2021-22||Orientation and virtual tour of Electrical Engineering Department||RGUKT Basar||Oct.- Nov,2021|
|11||NAAC Peer Team during the month of October 2021||Department of Electrical Engineering Presentation to NAAC Peer Team||RGUKT Basar||25th to 27th October, 2021|
|10||AICTE Sponsored Online Short Term Training Program Phase-IV on Renewable Energy Development in Deregulated Power Market: Future Scenario-2020||Renewable Energy Development in India||Jayamukhi Institute of Technological Sciences, Warangal||14th Oct., 2020|
|9||Three day National Level Technical Festival ANTAHPRAGNYA-2020||Hands on session with MATLAB||RGUKT, Basar||27th to 28th January, 2020|
|8||IEEE-20th NPSC Conference||A New technique to extract maximum power from wind turbine||National Institute of Technology, Trichy, Tamilnadu||14th to 16th December, 2018|
|7||Workshop on Renewable energy technologies and Distributed generation||Effect of partial shading on solar PV systems||KITS, Warangal||22nd to 27th April, 2017|
|6||IEEE-ICIMA Conference||Maximizing the Power Output of Partially Shaded Solar PV Array using Novel Interconnection Method||Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||21st to 23rd February, 2017|
|5||IEEE-ICIMA Conference||Battery Management System for Solar PV Panel||Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering , Bangalore||21st to 23rd February, 2017|
|4||Electrical and Electronics Engineering Association||Wind electric energy conversion techniques to extract maximum power||KITS, Warangal||13th Aug, 2014|
|3||IEEE-AICERA Conference||Modelling and Simulation of the Wind Energy Electric Conversion System to Extract The Maximum Power From the Wind Using MATLAB||Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kerala||24th to 26th July, 2014|
|2||Two day National Level Technical Symposium ELECTROVISION-2014||Introduction to MATLAB applications in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||KITS, Warangal||16th Feb, 2014|
|1||AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Program on Micro Grid & Distributed Generation||Role of power converters in Solar and wind energy systems||KITS, Warangal||5th Nov, 2013|